Chief of Naval Operations Adm. Jonathan Greenert testified with other senior military leaders about sexual assault in the military before the Senate Armed Services Committee on June 4.
Watch Adm. Greenert’s opening statements below.
What do you think about the Navy’s efforts to end sexual assault after watching Adm. Greenert’s opening statements? Let us know by commenting below.
Help raise awareness by joining the conversation on social media using #SexualAssault.
More information about Navy sexual assault prevention, posters and other tools are posted to Navy Personnel Command’s Sexual Assault and Prevention website.
For help and support in dealing with a sexual assault, resources are available through:
Safe Helpline (for service members):
● Visit safehelpline.org to receive live, one-on-one confidential help with a trained professionals through a secure instant-messaging format.
● Call 1-877-995-5247 to speak with Safe Helpline staff for personalized advice and support.
● Text your location to 55247 inside the United States or 202-470-5546 outside of the United States to receive automated contact information for the sexual assault response coordinator at your installation or base. A sexual assault victim advocate may be assigned to assist you.
Rape, Abuse, and Incest National Network:
● Visit https://ohl.rainn.org/online/ for free, confidential and secure help that is just a click away.
● Call 1-800-656-HOPE (4673) to speak with trained, professional counselors for advice or support.