What Special Warfare Operators do:
• Conduct surgical military actions, while assigned to small tactical units with very unique capabilities.
• Conduct Direct Action and reconnaissance missions in support of Counter Terror Operations.
• All SEALS are trained to provide combat trauma medical support during all operations. However, SEAL trained Special Operations Medical Technicians receive additional specialized medical training.
What Special Warfare Boat Operators do:
- Collect information about enemy military installations and shipping traffic in coastal or riverine areas.
- Insert/extract SEALS and other Special Operations personnel from a variety of NSW Boats.
- Operate independently in small units to accomplish operational tasks.
- Operate and maintain weapon systems, communications, electronics, small boats, and other equipment associated with SWCC missions.
- Conduct direct action raids against enemy shipping and waterborne traffic.
What Explosive Ordnance Disposal do:
• Perform “render safe” procedures on any type of ordnance including Improvised Explosive Devices (IED) and Weapons of Mass Destruction.
• Conduct demolition of hazardous munitions, pyrotechnics, and retrograde explosives using detonation and burning techniques.
• Perform underwater location, identification, render safe and recovery (or disposal) of foreign and domestic ordnance using SCUBA and specialized mixed gas diving equipment.
• Perform parachute/helicopter insertion operations in support of missions.
• Work with Naval Special Warfare, Army Special Forces and Joint Military and Coalition Task Forces.
• Support military and civilian law enforcement agencies.
What Navy Divers do:
• Perform underwater maintenance, including propeller changes and hull repair, on ships and submarines.
• Use diving equipment including scuba, and state-of-the-art surface supplied diving equipment and systems.
• Maintain and repair diving equipment and systems.
• Participate in research and development of new diving techniques/procedures.
• Underwater search and salvage operations.
• Act as Hyperbaric Chamber Operators, Inside Tenders and Supervisors.
Follow the conversation on Twitter – #Warfighting
Learn more about all the enlisted ratings with our Owners and Operators Manual.