Welcome to the U.S. Navy’s official blog sponsored by the Navy Office of Information. This page is intended to provide updated information and discussion on the U.S. Navy. Please visit our official homepage at Navy.mil.
While this is an open forum, it’s also a family friendly one, so please keep your comments clean. In addition to keeping it family friendly, we ask that you follow our posting guidelines here. Reader-submitted comments must follow these guidelines:
- We do not allow graphic, obscene, explicit or racial comments or submissions nor do we allow comments that are abusive, hateful or intended to defame anyone or any organization.
- We do not allow solicitations or advertisements. This includes promotion or endorsement of any financial, commercial or non-governmental agency. Similarly, we do not allow attempts to defame or defraud any financial, commercial or non-governmental agency.
- We do not allow comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity.
- Apparent spam will be removed and may cause the author(s) to be blocked from the page without notice.
- You participate at your own risk, taking personal responsibility for your comments, your username and any information provided.
- For Official Use Only (FOUO), classified, pre-decisional, proprietary or business-sensitive information should never be discussed here. Don’t post personnel lists, rosters, organization charts or directories. This is a violation of privacy.
Comments are moderated to ensure this family-friendly atmosphere is maintained and generally approved within 72 hours of submission, though often much sooner. Comments are never edited prior to posting.
The appearance of external links on this site does not constitute official endorsement on behalf of the U.S. Navy or Department of Defense.
You are encouraged to quote, republish or share any content on this page on your own blog, Web site or other communication/publication. If you do so, please credit the command or the person who authored the content as a courtesy (photo or article byline can be U.S. Navy or MC2 Joe Smith, for example).
Thank you for your interest in and support of the men and women of the U.S. Navy.
For more information visit the DoD Social Media user agreement.