Home / Misc. / Travels with CNO: Richardson completes 10 day around-the-world trip

Travels with CNO: Richardson completes 10 day around-the-world trip

Chief of Naval Operations Adm. John Richardson recently completed a 10 day around-the-world trip where he met with our forward deployed forces, partners and allies, and those who meet us on the seas.

Below is a recap of his trip as shared through social media.

January 14

Team, I’m grateful for the hospitality and professional reception that I have received from our hosts in the People's…

Posted by Chief of Naval Operations Adm. John Richardson on Monday, January 14, 2019

January 15:
Team, I continue to have a productive visit to China where I met with my Chinese counterpart, VADM Shen Jinlong, and senior Chinese defense officials. Our two nations both benefit from a maritime that is secure, orderly and conforms to international law.

CNO Visits China

Posted by Chief of Naval Operations Adm. John Richardson on Tuesday, January 15, 2019

January 16:
Team, I very much appreciate the hospitality I received in China. I had some great discussion with my counterparts and I look forward to strengthening our relationship as we move forward. A free and open Indo-Pacific is in everyone’s best interest.

Posted by Chief of Naval Operations Adm. John Richardson on Wednesday, January 16, 2019

January 17:
Team, a great start to our day, having breakfast with forward-deployed Sailors here in the Yokosuka galley (United States Fleet Activities Yokosuka). I’m incredibly proud of the important work our Sailors do in U.S. 7th Fleet!

CNO has Breakfast with Sailors in Japan

Posted by Chief of Naval Operations Adm. John Richardson on Thursday, January 17, 2019

January 19:
Team, I completed a great series of engagements with our Japanese allies, including Prime Minister Shinzo Abe and my JMSDF counterpart. Every time I have the pleasure of visiting Japan, we arrive with a very very strong relationship and we depart with an even stronger relationship.

CNO Visits Japan

Posted by Chief of Naval Operations Adm. John Richardson on Friday, January 18, 2019

January 19:
Team, I’m very proud of our Sailors and Marines aboard USS John C. Stennis (CVN 74) deployed out here in the Arabian Gulf. They’re about midway through their deployment and are working incredibly hard to protect America from attack and promote our interests around the world.

CNO Visits Sailors Aboard Stennis

Team, I'm very proud of our Sailors and Marines aboard USS John C. Stennis (CVN 74) deployed out here in the Arabian Gulf. They're about midway through their deployment and are working incredibly hard to protect America from attack and promote our interests around the world. #LookAhead

Posted by Chief of Naval Operations Adm. John Richardson on Saturday, January 19, 2019

Chief of Naval Operations Adm. John Richardson came to visit the USS John C. Stennis (CVN 74) out to sea to engage with…

Posted by USS John C. Stennis (CVN 74) on Saturday, January 19, 2019

January 21

Team, MCPON and I were proud to spend time with the Sailors aboard USS ROSS (DDG 71) here in Naval Station Rota, Spain….

Posted by Chief of Naval Operations Adm. John Richardson on Sunday, January 20, 2019

January 22:
Team, I recently spent time with the crew of USS John C. Stennis (CVN 74) and Carrier Air Wing Nine during their deployment in U.S. Naval Forces Central Command / U.S. 5th Fleet. I’m very proud of the tremendous work the team is doing to protect America from attack as they test new concepts for our U.S. Navy: Dynamic Force Employment.

CNO Visits USS John C. Stennis

Team, I recently spent time with the crew of USS John C. Stennis (CVN 74) and Carrier Air Wing NINE during their deployment in U.S. Naval Forces Central Command / U.S. 5th Fleet. I'm very proud of the tremendous work the team is doing to protect America from attack as they test new concepts for our @U.S. Navy: Dynamic Force Employment.

Posted by Chief of Naval Operations Adm. John Richardson on Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Comments

comments

Check Also

GREAT LAKES, Ill. (November 10, 2016) Navy foreign officers from the Naval Staff College (NSC) in Newport, Rhode Island, watch as a recruit division passes in front of them standing in the dais during a pass-in-review graduation ceremony at the U. S. Navy’s only boot camp, Recruit Training Command (RTC), November 10, 2016. The group of 30 naval officers toured RTC to observe how American Sailors are trained. The NSC brings together a group of distinguished international officers from diverse cultures and ideologies who share maritime traditions, experiences, and challenges. The knowledge gained in the classroom at the NSC, when combined with the professional development experiences that are offered, produces the finest graduate-level education for mid-grade officers in the world. (U.S Navy photo by Scott A. Thornbloom/Released)

Recruit Graduation: January 25, 2019

Welcome to Navy Live blog coverage of Recruit Training Command’s graduation, Pass-In-Review. It is a …