From Naval Education and Training Command Public Affairs
The Department of Defense placed the University of Phoenix in a probationary status Oct. 7, making them ineligible to receive tuition assistance (TA) from new students.
Here are five things you need to know:
1. The probation does not affect any existing University of Phoenix students currently enrolled in classes. Sailors will be allowed to complete their classes and continue to take additional University of Phoenix courses using their TA in accordance with their established academic program.
2. At this time, the University of Phoenix will not be allowed to accept any new enrollments from Sailors who wish to use TA funds.
Sailors will need to enroll in a different university to complete classes while using tuition assistance funds.
3. The University of Phoenix maintains its accreditation and existing standing as an academic institution.
4. The University of Phoenix will not be allowed access to DoD installations for the purposes of participating in recruitment-type events, including career and education fairs while on probationary status.
Sailors will continue to see other schools and universities at these events, however.
5. All requests for TA are authorized by the Navy’ Voluntary Education (VOLED) team before the term start date.
It is recommended that requests are submitted at a minimum of 30 days in advance of the term start date.
For more information or to contact your Navy VOLED team visit,
https://www.navycollege.navy.mil/ or toll free at 1-877-838-1659; DSN 492-4682 or commercial 757-492-4684.
For more information on the Naval Education and Training Command, visit, https://www.netc.navy.mil