The Department of the Navy, Western Area Power Administration (Western), and Sempra U.S. Gas & Power hosted a ceremony, Aug. 20, commemorating an agreement to construct a 210 megawatt (MW) direct current solar facility to benefit 14 DON installations in California.
The agreement, signed last month, is the largest purchase of renewable energy ever made by a federal entity.
The list of installations that will be provided solar energy from the Mesquite 3 Solar farm include:
- U.S. Navy
- Naval Base (NB) San Diego
- NB Coronado
- NB Point Loma
- NB Ventura County
- Naval Support Activity (NSA) Monterey
- Naval Weapons Station (NWS) Seal Beach
- NWS Det Norco
- NWS Fallbrook
- U.S. Marine Corps
- Marine Corps Base Camp Pendleton
- Marine Corps Air Ground Combat Center (MCAGCC) 29 Palms
- Marine Corps Air Station (MCAS) Miramar
- Marine Corps Logistics Base (MCLB) Barstow
- Marine Corps Recruitment Deport (MCRD) San Diego
- Marine Corps Mountain Warfare Training Center (MCMWTC) Bridgeport.